Grade III brain tumor,inoperable, chemotherapy stopped. Why?

Hi, it really isn't about myself...he has a grade 3 brain tumor, i am told from him that it is stable, no chemo presribed, he has been on chemo constant for 18 mths. I thought a grade 3 was malignant? hence growing all the time, it is now in-operable. He no longer contacts me....I will never understand why. I understand there is not an exact time on how long he can live comfortably, why would they stop the chemo?? right side of brain 3 years into diagnosis.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Grade 3 always doesn't mean that its a malignant tumor.Benign tumors are also graded based on their rate of growth , size, number,vascularity etc .It being 3 year old also pushes me to get suspicious that it could be a benign tumor, as malignant ones would have worsened over the time or the survival could be least expected for 3 years in that case.

I would be able to be more specific in opining if you can provide me with some more details on the tumor, I meant to the reports , scans or the probable diagnosis ( name of the tumor ) provided 3 years ago.

Was the chemo started , If yes when after the diagnosis it was started and when was it stopped ?I see you have provided information about the same but to get cleared I ask you again.

Anticipating your response