Got yeast infection around anus. Started itching. Have painful red bumps around anus. What is this?

Last week got a yeast infection and the yeast gotaround my anus and started inching. Now I have tiny red bumps around my anus that are painful and moist and I don't know what it is.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

The tiny red bumps that you now have may likely to be due to minor abrasions around the anus.

A yeast infection is usually very itchy and the person intends to scratch the affected area. This may be the scenario in you too causing friction abrasion and the lesions.

Apply an effective moisturizer on the lesions and avoid touching the area.

I hope you are treated for the yeast infection.

Also, taking a course of deworming medicine like Albendazole helps too.

Write back for follow up queries that you may have.