Got wrist injury. Noticed inflammation with pain. Should I be concerned?

Spine Surgeon
I had a fall about 15 days back and have hurt my left wrist. the inflammation is still there on the lower palm on the left side and it hurts when i tilt my wrist towards the left or move my wrist to extreme positions. i have got the xray done . i would attach it for your reference. please let me know your views.
Posted Sun, 13 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for sharing your problem.

I had seen your x-rays and I do not see any fracture there. But wrist injuries can often involve ligaments which connects the small and large bones. As you have pain on movement to one side,
I suggest you have either elastocrepe bandage or light weight plaster cast for at least 2 weeks. It is for getting sufficient rest for the wrist so that the injured ligaments could heal well.

Dr Krishna Kumar
Follow-up: Got wrist injury. Noticed inflammation with pain. Should I be concerned? 3 days later
Hello Dr.,

Is there any medicine that i can take to make the healing faster.
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 22 hours later

There are medicines to relieve the pain and swelling. However, it has to be taken under prescription of a doctor. It would be unethical to prescribe any medication online, without examining you or finding the exact cause.

Thank you