Got white patches on cheeks. Took tablets and used cream but now more visible. Suggest medication?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doctor,
I have got some white patches on my cheeks..went to skin doctor and had some tablets and applied cream before 3 months but now again got the same and it is more visible than before..Please advise for reason, medicines and foods to avoid any.. Thank you
Posted Sun, 6 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kruti 24 minutes later
Hello

I can understand your concern..

I would like to request you to post a picture of the white patches that you mentioned.

It would be difficult to give an opinion regarding the patches without seeing them.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Got white patches on cheeks. Took tablets and used cream but now more visible. Suggest medication? 4 minutes later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Is there any option available to upload picture or to send ? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for your reply.

To the right side on the question page, there is an option to upload photos.

please upload your pictures through that.

Thanks

Follow-up: Got white patches on cheeks. Took tablets and used cream but now more visible. Suggest medication? 23 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX I have attached some pictures, hope you can see the patches. Please check and advise. Thank you

Answered by Dr. Kruti 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Thanks for the pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the pictures.

You seem to be having post inflammatory hypopigmentation secondary to polymorphic light eruption.

Polymorphic light eruption is due to allergy to sunlight.

The best treatment for it would be application of hydrocortisone cream only on affected areas twice a day for 10 days.

Also I would recommend that you use a sunscreen every time you step out in the sun, which will prevent the allergy in the future.

Hope I have addressed all your concerns.

Please let me know if I can help you out with any other concern.

Follow-up: Got white patches on cheeks. Took tablets and used cream but now more visible. Suggest medication? 28 minutes later
Thank you for your reply..

Answered by Dr. Kruti 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome. Take care

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.