Got wet in rain, contracted fever with chills. Malaria test negtive, feel weak. Suggest?

Around 10 days back, I got wet in rain very badly after which late night i contracted fever with chills.I visitedthe doctor who gave me medicines after which the fever disappeared. To be 100% sure that everything is fine, I did a malaria test and the results were -ve.Now even fever going away i feel so much weakness in the body such that don't feel like doing anything. It has been around 1.5 weeks since i am at home not sure whats wrong, please help. Also it seems like due to weakness, I feel like sweating if i try to do any activity for a long period.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
investigations required

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence.

It seems like you had contracted a viral fever after getting wet in the rain.

You did take the medicines after which the fever disappeared. However, did you get your routine blood investigations done?

I am glad the malaria test was done and it is negative. I would like to know about the other tests like Hemoglobin, total WBC count, differential count, platelet count and ESR value. Please let me know these values, if you have got them done. If not, please get these tests done.

Also, you need to get a widal test done to rule out Typhoid and dengue antibody tests as well.

Usually, following any viral fever, there would be a period of weakness and tiredness for almost 3 weeks.

You need to drink plenty of fruit juices, tender coconut water, and lots of plain water to replenish the electrolytes and water content of the body.

You also have to consume more vegetables. Of course, adequate bed rest is required for faster recovery.

Do not mind but rest as much as you can. By next 3 weeks, you should be back in good health.

Get well soon.