Got vigamox eye drops to treat conjunctivitis. Is it safe to use the same for a child?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
I just got diagnosed with conjunctivitis today and got Vigamox eye drops to treat it. My seven year old appears to have conjunctivitis as well tonight. Since this is night-time and all the doctor and urgent care offices are closed, I was wondering if I could give my seven year old the same dosage of 3 drops of Vigamox per day, that I am doing?

Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 10 minutes later
Yes you can use the same eyes drops - just 2 drops in each eye every 3-4 hrs
It is antibiotic eye drops and you can definitely use it.
Dr Uma