Ask a Urologist   »  

Got ulcer at the opening of the urethra. Used doxy, triprim and keflex. No improvements. Cancer?

I am 33 old male. I got a ulcer in opennig of urethera .tested for all stds but all negative.l took doxy, triprim, keflex then give kenacomb cream but no use I saw urologist he told its not an infection or cancer but leave it for some more month to heal but I am not happy with it the ulcer till remains same .pls help it cancer or any other because it is been for9 months pls help
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 47 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
If the ulcer is present for so long, it is better to get a biopsy done and rule out cancer.
You may also approach another urologist, as it has been present for a long time.
Best regards