Ask a Homeopath   »  

Got typhoid. Started passing loose motion, feeling dizzy and tired. Suggest effective medicine

Psychiatrist
Question
I am suffering from loose motion since 2009 at which time I got typhoid. My typhoid got cured but I am still suffering from loose motion. I go to toilet 4 times a day. ue to which I feel dizzy, tired and unhappy. I have become very lean. I am loosing weight. I have undergone several tests like sonography, stool test, urine test, blood test, endoscopy etc. And I have taken tablets for that also for one year. Then I started Homeopathy course, which initially made me feel comfortable but now again it is making no difference. Please help me. I am just 22 and my weight is 51 and height is 5.11''.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Alternative Medicine

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 3 hours later
Hello.......
Thanks for your query. If i understood right, there were no specific findings from any of the investigations and no specific diagnosis entertained. This makes me suspect possibility of irritable bowel syndrome that is related to conscious or unconscious stressors. hence a thorough psychiatric evaluation can help you. The treatment for the condition consists of stress reduction, relaxation techniques, psychotherapy and antidepressants. This disease demonstrates the link between mind and body. Do clarify further if required.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Got typhoid. Started passing loose motion, feeling dizzy and tired. Suggest effective medicine 36 hours later
Sir, I don't have any stress. Please tell me some practical diagnosis method. Even if I take a lot of rest, I still get the problem. So stress is not the cause for my problem. Tell some good curing technique.

Hello
I would suggest you some practical tips to handle the problem. Avoid high fat food carbonated drinks and limit dairy products. Prefer steamed food to fried food. Include whole wheat or brown bread oats and unpeeled fruits in your diet. XXXXXXX keafy vegetables are ideal. Increase water intake to double. To summarise low glycemic low fat food with increased water content should control your symptoms.
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Got typhoid. Started passing loose motion, feeling dizzy and tired. Suggest effective medicine 7 hours later
Sir, am I suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome? I feel so.
Because I stopped carbonated drinks and dairy & milk products long back. I don't even take spicy or more oily food. Actually some days ago I was fine. But 15 days back I started taking protein supplement and started exercise. I stopped taking itafter week. I think my problem started because of that protein supplement. Is it so?

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 10 hours later
Hello
It is advisable to reduce protein intake in this case but it is unlikely that your problem started due to the same. I already suggested to you that it is likely to be medication can be started as appropriate.
Dr Sundar