Ask a Urologist   »  

Got tight foreskin. Lose erection when pull back. Cannot use condoms without pain. Remedy?

Question
hi i have got tight foreskin..i can retract it...but i have to pull it back over..also i loose an erection when i pull my foreskin back...i cannot use condoms without pain
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 32 minutes later

You seem to have a tight foreskin and that is the cause for your current symptoms.

Local steroid therapy with Betamethasone valerate cream twice daily for about 6 weeks is the initial treatment option for the tight foreskin. A long-term perspective study done in Navi Mumbai, India proves this.

Alternatively, you may choose to undergo the surgical intervention called circumcision to get permanent solution to your concerns.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Got tight foreskin. Lose erection when pull back. Cannot use condoms without pain. Remedy? 1 hour later
What is the trade name of this ointment?how many times do I have to apply this and is there anything else I can do.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 minutes later

It is called Betnovate topical cream available as 0.05% or 0.1% strength in dosage. You may have to apply it gently, twice daily after partially retracting the prepucial skin for about 6 weeks.

There is no other thing that you can do to this apart from circumcision surgery.

Hope this helps you.

Take care!

Follow-up: Got tight foreskin. Lose erection when pull back. Cannot use condoms without pain. Remedy? 21 minutes later
How much would circumcision surgery cost approximately.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 hours later

It should not cost you more than 4000 to 5000 INR.

Hope this helps.

Take care!