Got thick brown discharge for few days prior to periods due, had taken plan B earlier. Periods?

I took Plan B one step on April 28,2013 (within 35 hours of intercourse). Expected date of periods was May 17. From May 12 th to May 14 th I found a thick brown discharge. May 15 th and 16 th the discharge contained a few drops of blood. On May 17 th the bleeding was a bit more but not like a period. And it lasted only for 1 hour. And there was no bleeding till now. Is this a period? How many days I have to wait to confirm that I am not a pregnant? There was no actual penetration and ejaculation in my vagina but my hymen was broken.
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 17 minutes later
Thanks for your query. As you have taken the tablets within prescribed time, the failure rate is very less.i.e After a single act of intercourse occurring anytime during the menstrual cycle, the expected pregnancy rate of 8% (with no contraceptive use) was reduced to approximately 1% with Plan B......BUT NO CONTRACEPTION IS 100% EFFECTIVE. The bleeding you had looks like normal menstruation to me. But, I suggest you do a PREGNANCY TEST by this month end. If it is negative, consider you are not pregnant and retrospectively feel the bleeding what you had on 17th may was normal menstrual cycle.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. if you like my answer kindly rate my answer and write a review as well.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile