Got tested with HSV 1 and 2 antibodies. What are the findings?

I have recently got tested with HSV 1 & 2 antibodies test. Here are the results.
HSV 1 IgG 8 EU/ml (< 20 Negative)
HSV 1 IgM 4 EU/ml (< 20 Negative)

HSV 2 IgG 14 EU/ml (< 20 Negative)
HSV 2 IgM 9 EU/ml (< 20 Negative)

With these results, I can confirm that I am not infected with HSV 1 or 2. But, I have some questions on the results.
1. Please interpret the values (EU/ml) that came out. HSV 2 IgG - 14 EU/ml is quite close to 20 EU/ml. Just bothering my mind.
2. Is there any window period for getting tested for HSV. I got tested close to 2 months after a risky exposure.
3. Is there any chance that I can be positive at later point of time in case I don't have sexual intercourse.
4. Suggest me some hygiene tips for keeping genitals dry and clean to avoid any fungal infections.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 9 hours later
Hi Viswanath,

Thank you for your query.

You be rest assured that you do not have Herpes Simplex infection. The reports are excellent and you should not worry about the value.

As you have got both the IgG and IgM levels down two months after the exposure and they are negative means that you are not exposed to the infection.

You should not be testing positive at a later period if you do not get infected again.

You should keep the genitals dry and avoid using Dettol water. Dryness is going to prevent any fungal infection from occuring.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal