Got sunburn and yellow patches on face. How should I treat this?

i got a pretty severe sunburn. On my face i have yellow patches but they are not blisters. How do i treat this?
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Sun Burn
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 12 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Once you have sunburn, the damage is done, although it may take 12 to 24 hours after sun exposure to know the full extent and severity of sunburn, and several days for your skin to begin to heal.
Treatment simply aims at easing your discomfort. Apply cold compresses such as a towel dampened with cool water to the affected skin, or take a cool bath. Apply aloe or moisturizing cream to the affected skin. Avoid products containing alcohol, which can further dry out skin. Beware of sunburn treatment products containing anesthetics, such as benzocaine. There's little evidence that these products are effective.
If blisters form, don't break them. You'll only slow the healing process and increase the risk of infection. If needed, take anti-inflammatory medication — such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
Within a few days, the affected area may begin to peel. This is simply your body's way of getting rid of the top layer of damaged skin. While your skin is peeling, continue to use moisturizing cream.
To prevent future episodes of sunburn, use sunscreen frequently and liberally. Select a broad spectrum product, one that provides protection against both ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation and with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15.
I advice you to follow the conservative measure as mentioned. I insist you to see physician if sunburn covers a large portion with blisters or accompanied by a high fever or severe pain or it doesn't begin to improve within a few days.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.