Got sudden skin rash. Took evil. Why am I getting this feeling?

Hi Doctor,

I got sudden skin rash today. I can see big red bumps on both of my arms near elbow, many bumps on my neck and back, some on waist. I am unable to pin point the reason for the bumps. I saw the 1st bump 3 hours back while I was watching a movie in cinema hall. I am speculating it t have some connection with the seat in the hall. The body parts where bumps are my back, neck and arms and waist line towards back. I was wearing loose clothes and a jacket. I did not eat anything outside today- no medicines etc..

I had my periods which are about to end in a day. I am unable to make out the reason for the allergy. In the morning, I tried a couple of outfits, just to see what goes with what.

I am unable to make out if its because of clothes or food or hygiene or the movie hall seat.

I had Evil 10 minutes back. I feel like scratching all over my body including my head.
Please suggest me some remedy as soon as possible.

Please find pic of the rash attached.
I am in Norway. I have limited options. Please provide some solution.

Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
Based on the picture you have sent and on the history i think it is contact dermatitis.
your symptoms are suggestive of contact dermatitis, a itchy rash caused by things your skin touches, such as: cosmetics, soaps, and detergents, dyes and other chemicals in clothing, rubber gloves, shampoos, antibiotics such as neomycin rubbed on the surface of the skin or any plants. In your case i think it might be seat in the hall or the cloths or the jacket.
Treatment includes washing with lots of water to remove any traces of the irritant that may remain on the skin. You should avoid further exposure to known irritants or allergens. In some cases, the best treatment is to do nothing to the area. I advice you not to scratch it as result in secondary infection.
Emollients or moisturizers help keep the skin moist, and also help skin repair itself. They protect the skin from becoming inflamed again. They are a key part of preventing and treating contact dermatitis.
Corticosteroid skin creams or ointments may reduce inflammation. Overuse, even of low-strength over-the-counter products, may cause a skin condition should be used with caution.
You can also consider taking oral anti histamine which will be helpful. These drugs are available as over the counter medication.
I advice you to follow this above mentioned measures still if it persists or if it continues to occur, consult the dermatologist for examination and also to find out the cause. As it appears once a while it might also be due to insect bite.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.