Got stung by bee on forehead. Raised lump appeared on the same spot. Should I be worried?

I got stung by a bee on the forehead almost a week ago. It has a small red spot that went away within 24 hours. Now in the same spot there is a lump that has appeared and grown to be about and inch in diameter and slightly raised, all in the last 2 hours. There is no redness, discoloration, itching or pain at the location. This is my first bee sting
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The local reactions due to bee sting usually resolve with in 24 to 48 hours. In your case, you have developed a local swelling likely a delayed allergic reaction. Some people do develop this after a bee sting. It generally stays for a few days and then heals with appropriate treatment. You will need an antiallergic medication like Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily. Also, apply cold compresses.

It should settle down in some time.

Do get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran