Got stung by a bark scorpion. Have normal BP, numbness all over body and feeling cold. Concerned

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I was stung by a bark scorpion last night in the foot, apx 13 hours ago. The pain has faded but now my entire body is numb and tingly and i am cold. I took my bloodpressure and it is normal. I have no other symptoms. Is there anything to be concerned about? Is there anything I can do to releive the numbness and tingling?
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 7 minutes later

Scorpion, bee and wasp stings are associated with allergic reactions.
This allergy reaction may be local (causing irritation and other symptoms at the site of sting only) to systemic (symptoms involving the entire body).
These allergic reactions are due to the substances injected in body by the sting.

Since, you are feeling numbness and tingling sensation throughout the body, antihistaminic drugs can help to relieve these symptoms.

Consult your GP for the prescription of required drugs.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.

Dr Shailja P Wahal