Got stitches for lip injury. Now swollen upper lip, bleeding. How to reduce swelling?

Question
on sunday my lip was injured and doctor made three strictches. my upper lip is swollen , how to reduce swollen area. yesterday night some bleeding happen from my upper mouth
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 43 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Due to the high vascularization ( blood supply ) and innervation , it is normal after suturing to develop swelling and mild bleeding, especially taking in consideration the lip, that often moved. I would advice you regular cleaning suture lines with antiseptic to minimize crust formation and prevent infection. To reduce swelling you may try oral tablets antihistamines such loratadine, cetirizine, diphenhydramine, plus continue diclofenac ( that also reduce pain and swelling), and antibiotic cefexime to prevent infection. Avoid hot and spicy meal and any mechanical action of the lip ( this will, accelerate healing process ). Review with your Doctor after few days ( generally sutures can be removed after 7 days ). All this measures will help you and will improve your condition.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail

Follow-up: Got stitches for lip injury. Now swollen upper lip, bleeding. How to reduce swelling? 1 hour later
Sir,

Shall i use seratiopeptidase or Chymerol forte to reduce swelling..? suggest some good medice to reduce swelling quickly..

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
Welcome back,
Yes , you may take chymoral forte that open microcirculation, resolve edema and initiate healing process, it has indication in inflammatory edema, hematoma, post surgery edema, etc.. Don’t take this medicine if you have allergic reaction to ( enzymes : trypsin or chymotrypsin ). Consult your Doctor before taking this medicine , but in generally it should be administered on empty stomach before meal one tablet four time per day.

Best Regards,
Dr.Mihail