Got stitched after delivery. Removed the string thinking it was healed. Left with skin hanging. Help?

Question
i was stitched back in nov after giving birth to my daughter but not knowing that the stitches shouldnt be taken out or that it was dissolvable, i cut the string thinking it had fully healed but now im left with a piece of skin hanging. so i was wondering if i can have it fixed to have it look like it did before?
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX,
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX You have not mentioned whether it was after caesarean section or vaginal delivery stitches. In most of the places we use only absorb able suture materials for suturing the skin. I feel the piece of skin hanging don't need any treatment, it will heal by itself, just keep the area clean & dry.
I will help you out in detail if you could reply about your mode of delivery and when it was done..
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Got stitched after delivery. Removed the string thinking it was healed. Left with skin hanging. Help? 5 hours later
I gave birth to my daughter in November 2012 through vaginal delivery and was stitched in the vaginal area. To the unthinkable, I took the string out because it was bothering me. The piece of skin where it was tore, hangs. So is it possible to have it fixed to have it look like it was before?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 34 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,
Thank you for the followup question. After analyzing your query, I feel It is actually the skin tag which you are feeling as torn skin. The skin tag can be cut and the vaginal area can be reconstructed. But it is not mandatory to undergo this procedure, as the skin tag is common after vaginal delivery and do not need any treatment. If at all treatment is for only cosmetic reason.
The procedure I described you is very simple one, can be done as a OPD (out patient) procedure under local anesthesia. You can go home on the same day. Kindly get evaluated by an OBGY specialist.
If you do not have any clarification you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW