Got some tissue texture while blowing my nose. What could be this?

hello I'm sorry for asking this odd event in my life. I remember as a child blowing my nose excessively to the point it bled then I also remember continuing to blow my nose till a long warm worm like texture tissue came out of my nose. I have been dieing to know what this might have been. I am a registered nurse and i've been kee[ing this to myself for a long time. is there any way of knowing? thank you
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it could have been a nasal polyp which must be pedunculated thats why when you used to blow it , it would have lead to stretching of peduncle and you used to feel that mass coming out .

Hope this ends your anxiety.

Dr. Shruti