Got some swelled rash in my armpit. Not itchy. What could be these?

General Surgeon
I just returned from Bali 20 hours ago and have discovered what appear to be half a dozen mozzy bites in my right armpit which have swelled sufficiently to make it uncomfortable for me to sleep with my arm relaxed beside me. They don't itch too much but are red a tender.
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such rash is most likely caused by hair follicles bacterial infection. Hair follicles are getting obstructed and result with such image. I suggest you to try wash it twice a day with soap and water and try to keep it clean and dry. You should also keep it as much on the air as possible (try to keep your arm up, so the armpit stays open). If this wont help, and you will find it getting worse, you should visit your doctor and get antibiotics prescribed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.