Got severe stomachache. Started diarrhea, vomiting and sweating. What is the disease?

Dec 2012

Last wednesday after supper about twenty min
I got a terrible pain in my stomach iwent to bed it was so bad.I had diahera and vomiting all night got up andpassed out weak sweat and chills.vomiting stopped noon friday . stomach still hurts and i dont really feel like eating.
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thank you for posting on HCM
You are probably suffered from food poisoning which is more likely due to toxins secreted by bacteria present in your supper. The acute episode has subsided and you are simply suffering from malaise due to loss of water from your body. You need to rehydrate a little by drinking much water, if possible with oral rehydration salt. Antispasmodic medication will help relieve stomach ache. You will feel alright within a couple of days. How ever, if too worried, just visit a GP who might have to request for a stool test and probably prescribe antibiotics to treat the gastroenteritis.
But food poisoning generally does not require medication and just rehydration is recommended.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any worries.

Dr Nsah