Got severe headache. Face, ear and throat hurting. Taking probiotic. Noticed blood after passing stools. Suggestions?

XXXXXXX 15 2013
Laid down for bed and got a severe headache in my right temple worst ever woke up next day and my face ear and throat hurt all on the right side for the following month I had several headaches a week just not as bad and then they started to go away. Following month I every night I would get ear pain and ear ring in both ears. Which has finally stopped around Aug 5 13. Not sure if this matter but aug 6 13 I started taking probiotic which really messed up my stomach and after about five days I stopped because I wiped after going to bathroom and there was a lot of bright red blood followed by a burning sensation in stomach and the following day I had no appetite and nearly puked trying to eat so maybe just irritation from those probiotics and has not happened since. Now feet hurt when I walk but not for too long and left foot burns sometimes. Since I stopped the probiotics my stomach feels better. Though now I always have a dull headache and sharp pains in my face and head like getting a metal splinter and touching something sends chills down my body Im 26 workout a lot doctor seems to tell me I have migraines and I demanded a mri which came back good I also have a loud popping sound in jaw a few times a day but I have for ten years. I also since the first head ache I cant stand noises like a loud motorcycle passing or a kid screaming
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A neurologic review required .

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The clinical scenario you describe is very suggestive, I agree with your physician with a primary headache (migraine, cluster or a tension headache). Considering the fact that the MRI was ok, this further strengthens this possibility. I would suggest all options of migraine management, including avoiding caffeine, use of selective serotonine reuptake inhibitors and headaches. Cluster headaches and tension headaches must also be carefully considered.

The experience of blood in stool needs a more careful attention. The association of these episodes with abdominal pain are very much suggestive of acute gastritis or peptic ulcer disease. Appropriate diagnoses, characterization and staging for better management could be important. Complications like severe gatsrointestinal bleeding need to be avoided, thus I suggest the opinion of a gastroenterologist for a clinical review and fibroscopy.

Headaches are best management by a neurologist, and if you could also seek a consultation and review from a gastroenterologist, it would be the ideal thing to do in my humble opinion. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.