Got severe head cold and diarrhea after oral sex. What could it be?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My boyfriend got a severe head cold and then diarrhea after oral sex. It has happened twice. Can you tell me if I could have an infection that would cause this?
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
This is not likely infection transmissed by you. it is more possible that he has infection such as prostatitis or urinary infection which can cause diarrhea soon after ejaculation.also some men normally have diarrheas after ejaculation due to prostate irritation which is close to bowel.
Std or infection would be manifested by constant symptoms not depending on intercourse. So he should get tested if sympotms persist but at this point I don't think this is indicating anything serious. It can also be viral enterocolitis and he should wait for 5-7 days to see if diarrheas is going to subside. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: Got severe head cold and diarrhea after oral sex. What could it be? 20 minutes later
The diarrhea is not the main symptom. And it was oral sex so he did not ejaculate. He developed severe congestion and sore throat. And it has developed two different times after oral sex.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
If you had receptive oral sex then std could be transmissed and he may have throat infection caused by chlamydia or gonnorhea. it would also cause congestion and diarrhea occasionally.
but it is not possible to determine are his symptoms caused by some other standard viral infection which is much more common, or by std without tests. So I recommend to do throat smear test if his symptoms persist and if test is positive you both should be treated by antibiotics. Regards