Got several head injury. Found mass close to basal ganglia. Looking for suggestion

Neurologist, Surgical
We Just found out that my husband has a mass by his left basal ganglia and they are doing another MRI. What can we learn or do prior to his next appt with dr?
He has fallen several times n hit his head
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Visvanathan K 7 hours later

A mass in the brain could mean many things - from the innocuous to the sinister. It may or may not be related to the falls. Sometimes, falls could be secondary to the mass in the brain as well. I would advise you to wait till the MRI is done, so that a clear picture of his problem is available to determine the next course of action. Prior to that, any amount of thinking on your part is unfortunately unlikely to clear the issue.

Could I ask what prompted the CT scan in the first place? Also, can you please upload the scan results?

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Got several head injury. Found mass close to basal ganglia. Looking for suggestion 4 days later
Saw dr today n he is hving another scan done, but said it looks like it may hv been a XXXXXXX stroke. We hv not seen the results, just spoke with dr. He seemed to feel we should not worry. Just as u stated. When we find out more I will reply again. Thank u. Also the fall and head injury was what prompted it. Actually a few falls, but they were all due to over drinking at the times so far
Answered by Dr. Visvanathan K 50 minutes later

Please do let me know when you have the results. If you can scan the reports and give me a scan copy of his clinical examination findings and the doctor’s opinion, it will give me a better chance of clarifying the issues.

You can get in touch with me directly the next time.

If you don’t have any further questions, you can close this episode and give your feedback.

Please use this link in future to ask me a query.