Got scratched with needle leaving scar on cheek. Using Contractubex - Extr Cepae Heparin Solium & Allontoin Gel. Guide?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
I have a four year old daughter who got herself scratched with a needle 6 months ago. This left a scar on her cheek. I had mentioned this to my doctor - he didnt actually examine her but suggested I use - Contractubex - Extr Cepae Heparin Solium & Allontoin Gel. I have been using this for 2 months, but not very regularly. There are times when I forget about it but for most part I put this during bedtime whenever I can. I have seen no improvement so far. Its not a deep cut but is still visible. Willl this leave a permnent scar on her face? I am worried. Let me know what can I do.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Surindher 7 hours later

Thank you for using XXXXXXX

It is hard for me to comment on the scar without having a look at it...but, from what I gather from the mail, it is most probably a linear scar across the cheek.

I know it is hard for you to see it right now and seek a remedy for it, but there is not much you can do for it right now. The contractubex will help if the scar is thick and hard, but must probably what your daughter has is a thin but widened scar. Either way as she grows the scars will mature and get better.

If it does not then there are further options we can try at that point of time.

For now just ensure that the scar is soft , can continue the contractubex massages till the scar is soft. Along with that ensure that she is covered by sunscreen thrice a day to prevent the scar from getting dark, hence making it less noticeable.

Thank you for using XXXXXXX