Got scrape from a metal door, foot having small non painful spasms. Had tetanus shot. Should I be worried?

Got a scrape from a metal door on friday. Sunday I went and got a tetanus booster just in case. I keep having a fear that I still somehow might have tetanus. My foot is having small non painful spasms, but I have no pain near the wound except the normal pain when touching it, and its been cleaned well as far as I can tell.

Should I be worried at all?

I also have a cold, could that increase the chance of infection from weak immune system?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 5 hours later
thanks for the query.

I understand your fear and its but normal to be afraid as tetanus infection could be lethal if appropriate measures are not taken.

Appropriate management after injury should include extensive wound dressing with administration of tetanus serum or tetanus vaccine booster which you did.
Incubation period is on an average 8 days to several months and the further the site of injury to the central nervous system the longer the incubation period and thus the small spasm you complain of can not be due to tetanus.

Booster vaccines are indicated every ten years and administation of tetanus immunoglobulins in people who are not yet vaccinated is indicated. In your case, since its a booster that you took, you do not have to be afraid as you have immunity as the toxin.
So you will be fine, no need to be worried.

If you have further query, i will be ready to help.
Best regards
Follow-up: Got scrape from a metal door, foot having small non painful spasms. Had tetanus shot. Should I be worried? 2 days later
Today is day 7. Wound is almost completely healed and is looking good, but I keep having moments where I get worried. Even though I know all the things ive done and how the wound looks, its exceedingly likely that I am completely fine.

Is there any 100 percent way for me to get this out of my head without costing money?
It is but normal to feel that way and its part of the human nature of always doubting reality. What you should understand is that XXXXXXX tAaken the vaccines your immunity against the tetanus vaccine is guaranteed and you should border less.

Hope this makes you to border less henceforth.
Best regards.