Got scar tissue after a mole removal. Noticed bruising. Reason?

Yes. I had a mole removed on my inner thigh 7 years ago. It was just scar tissue until today I woke up with a very dark purple bruise around the scar tissue area can I send a picture? Is it a possible melanoma? Strange thing is it was removed during a delivery of a child and the biopsy was accidentally disposed of. So it was never tested.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 35 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Yes please do send a picture.
Melanoma would need a test like excision biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. The possibility exists but an addressable issue if diagnosed early. Difficult to diagnose looking at picture only.

The cause of this dark purple bruise needs to be elucidated if a temporary inflammatory process or change in character of that healed scar tissue. Either case early intervention would be a good option to report to your doctor at once.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.
Follow-up: Got scar tissue after a mole removal. Noticed bruising. Reason? 8 minutes later
Please evaluate photo I sent. The bruising is all around the scar tissue. What would be signs of melanoma. It is a little raised and suddenly appeared
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 12 hours later
Thanks for the picture.

Though blurred, by the looks of it - I can only see the bruising area as you said without much detail. Although the edges are irregular and some tinge of purple.

Melanoma would vary as per the 3 types theoretically. Mainly, the gradual history coupled with change over a long time is the early warning. If more recent and sudden - the chances are less.

I would recommend you for a check-up at the earliest as benefit of the doubt is the best approach for this issue.

And as this at the very early stage - your doctor will be well prepared to tackle the same even in the possibility that it is indeed grave.

Let me know if you need to add more concerns.