Got sawdust in eye, watering and nose is running too. Feeling dizzy and having bump on cornea. Suggest?

Question
I got sawdust in my eye 10 hours ago. It is still watering and my nose is running too. I feel a little strange, when i look down. I rinsed it out, what should i do? I am feeling dizzy. Eye also hurts. Small bump on cornea.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I suggest you should have your eyes checked up for any corneal injury.

This is because you are having watering of the eyes and also pain. These could be features of corneal injury. Difficulty in seeing bright light (Photophobia), blurring of vision or diminished vision, foreign body sensation are other features of corneal injury. You are also complaining of small bump on the cornea.

Please consult your opthalmologist at the earliest possible.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics