Got red spots on cheek. What should be done to get rid of it?

Question
I got this two red spots on my cheek, its annoying. I am like a clown. I have try many lotion what is the best way to get rid of it
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
The two very important conditions which result in red cheeks are
1....The most common cause of a red face and cheeks that's constant is rosacea. Rosacea is a skin condition where the blood vessels dilate excessively in response to certain triggers such as exposure to the sun, exercise, or particular types of foods. The face and cheeks usually look flushed and bumps that resemble acne appear on the face - and the skin may burn. With rosacea, the facial redness can last for several days at a time. This skin condition isn't curable, but the symptoms can be controlled with medications.

2.....Another less frequent cause of a red face and cheeks is an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosis, or SLE. This disease causes redness and a rash that centers around the nose and spreads into the cheeks - which gives a generalized red appearance to the face. Usually people with SLE have other symptoms such as joint pain, fatigue, fever, or swollen lymph nodes. Certain blood tests can be used to diagnose this disease.

However There are other less common causes of a red face and red cheeks, including some types of malignant tumors, diabetes, heart conditions, and neurological disease such as Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis. An overactive thyroid and diabetes can also cause flushing and a red face. These conditions usually also cause other symptoms - not just a red face.

When you have a red face that won't go away, the most likely cause is rosacea - but it's important to get a definitive diagnosis since some conditions that cause red cheeks and a red face can be serious. 
Dont ignore it and you must consult a dermatologist to get the diagnosis made.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck
Thanks