Got red spot on back of leg. Prescribed antibiotics. Spot tuned purple. Remedy?

Hi. A few weeks ago my daughter got a red soft squidgy spot on the back of her leg near ankle. Didn't really take much notice but then she got a smaller on behind her knee. Same leg. I took her to A&E, as we are not registered with a doctor. She thought it might be a wart. I asked the school to call in their doctor. She thought it might be a wart and prescribed an antibiotic cream to be applied. 3 x day. The cream made the 1st spot go purple at first and it got a little scab on it. The spot behind knee didn't change. 2 weeks later there has been no change to either but then today a smaller spot has appeared just above the itial spot looks like a baby blister at the moment so I took her to chemist, pharmacist looked at it and then horror we noticed another one that has grown in last 24hrs on her thigh. All the spots are on the same leg and all at the back. The pharmacist said definately 100% not warts but couldn't say what they are. Can you advise?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 1 hour later

Thank you for the query

Based on the details of appearance of soft squidgy spot and which has taken the appearance of small blister, possibility to be considered is viral vesiculomacular rash on the same distribution affecting leg, possible diagnosis are herpes zoster eruption and varicella zoster.

Does she have any other symptoms?
Does she have signs and symptoms of infection like fever, irritability, etc?

Require clinical evaluation by dermatologist and further plan

She may also require complete blood count , and ESR

Please get back with answers to the questions and I am sure I will be able to help you with it.

Dr Sandhya Manorenj

Follow-up: Got red spot on back of leg. Prescribed antibiotics. Spot tuned purple. Remedy? 13 hours later
There is no fever or signs of illness.
They appear to be growing. The bottom one is bigger and has a harder feel about it, the one behind the knee is larger and so is the one at the top of the leg. The last two are blister like. The bottom one is not. I have taken more pictures and have attached them
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 3 hours later

Images appear like molluscum contagiosum which is also a viral infection

They are generally not painful, but they may itch or become irritated. Picking or scratching the bumps may lead to further infection or scarring. In about 10% of the cases, eczema develops around the lesions.

The diagnosis can be confirmed by excisional biopsy.

Treatment options can often involve discomfort to the child so initial recommendations are often expectant management, simply waiting for the lesions to resolve spontaneously. Current treatment options are invasive, requiring tissue destruction and attendant discomfort.

Hope this will help you.Please get back with the biopsy report, eager to know about it

Dr Sandhya Manorenj