Got red papillae. Done ELISA test. Had smallpox. STD or infection?

I'm sending these as I migh have an initial growth of something. The papillae in red. I don't know....
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,

Welcome to XXXXXXX forum,

I have seen with the images posted by you, in would like to ask you from how long you have seen with the lesions? Are the spots painful? Have they appeared after consumption of a particular food stuffs?

From the images posted by you i suppose that this is a temporary inflammation of the papillae either due to consumption of any hot food stuffs or allergic reaction to smoking (if present) or something else.

It will normally heal within 5-7 days with symptomatic treatment.
Use an antiseptic mouthwash rinses two times daily.
Take lukewarm saline rinses 3-4 times a day to provide a soothing effect to the tongue.
Start with the course of antioxidants two times daily.
Apply HEXIGEL an antiseptic solution topically over the affected area.

If the symptoms still persists or worsen visit to an Oral Surgeon and get complete evaluation and examination done.

Wishing you a healthy recovery!

Take care!
Dr Qazi Ammara.

Follow-up: Got red papillae. Done ELISA test. Had smallpox. STD or infection? 44 minutes later
No discomfort or pain. Ive been closely observing myself to see any changes. These might have been going on just got noticed them and compared from other images and perhaps they might have been there but i dont know.

I have taken hiv test at 89days and susecuently at 11weeks 9weeks 7weeks 4week so far ok. With elisa, Ab and EIA.

I have been sent to korea after 39yr of living in US area. I got the smallpox anthrax and meningococcal vaccines withing a less than 2 weeks. I had a possible exposure to a sex worker in a massage place in colorado july 10 and got smallpox on 17 july and about a week later had pimpples on few sotes on body diarhea HEADACHE tremors and whote spots on tounge mouth.

Anyways i have been miserable for the last almost 4 months after my encounter, condom was used and asked if was clean too. But iam afraid that i had an infection of some sort.

Wish to explilain more of details but ill stop here for now
I had tests done for other std and so far ok.
just questioning my spaced out symtom and feel depresed etc

and then get to see come and go red spots on skin some are the same spot that gets red and later it goes back.

Plus the tounge... And going after internet to seek information about tounge desieses and causes etc.... Troubling here at work as concentrating in desieses....
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
keep an observation on it for a week

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the prompt reply,

I understand your concern, as you have mentioned you have negative reports for STD and other test are normal. I do not feel that this could be a tongue disease, the most common cause of come and go redness on the tongue is an allergic reaction this could be because of any foodstuffs, medications or something else.

I would suggest you to keep an observation when it appears.
Dont worry just take an lukewarm saline rinses when it appears and follow the instructions above.
Also get a detailed physical examination done by a PHYSICIAN which will be more helpful in appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.

Hope you find this as helpful,

Dr Qazi Ammara.