Got reading of 270 one hour after eating. Does it mean diabetes or pre diabetes?

does a reading of 270 one hour after eating mean diabetes or could it be pre diabetes
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Although levels of 270 mg one hour after meals is high and it gives a doubt of XXXXXXX diabetes but a single test can never form the basis for the diagnosis.
I would advise you to get your sugar levels checked properly by getting blood sugar fasting and after two hours of your breakfast.
A level of 100 to 125 mg in fasting state is pre diabetes while above this is called as XXXXXXX diabetes.
A level of 200 mg after two hours of breakfast will confirm the diagnosis of diabetes.
Also get your HBA1c levels done which denote the average levels of blood sugar of past three months.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck