Got rashes on testicle. Hurts while standing and feels like burning sensation. Any cure?

In the last week I started to use my bycycle to work and I got a bad rash between my testicals and anous it's red and it sometimes itches. But only if I walk or standing it hurts and feels like a burning sensation
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
From your description, it seems that you are having a rash due to fungal infection in the area.
Along with the fungal infection there can sometimes be some inflammation which causes redness, itching and peeling of the skin.

The generally best way to treat this is with a topical cream which has both a mild steroid element and an antifungal cream. The active ingredients of this cream includes hydrocortisone and the antifungal clotrimazole. Your doctor will be able to provide you with a prescription for this. The brand name of the cream is Lotrisone/ Lotrimin.
I would expect the areas of irritation to slowly respond and improve over two to three weeks.
Do maintain a good hygiene in area and avoid touching with bare fingers to avoid further spread of infection.
You may attach a pic using the "upload your reports" feature on the query page-right hand side.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.