Got radiology nuclear medicine results. What are the findings?

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
Please review radiology nuclear medicine results. what is an acceptable gallbladder ejection fraction and at what point is a gallbladder removal appropriate?
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 3 hours later

I went through the reports and following are my comments:

1. It appears that the Gall bladder (GB) is normally visualised. There is neither gall stone nor any feature suggestive of acute cholecystitis - so there is no indication for gall bladder surgery currently.

2. The GB EF is 80% - that lies within normal limit. The reference value varies between 50 to 80%.

3. Since Inj. CCK was administered and the GB EF lies in normal range - currently there is no indication to go under the knife.

4. In future, a surgery might be needed if you develop fresh symptoms, ultrasound sound reveal gall stones; features of acute inflammation along with fall in GB functions below 30%.

Let me know if you need further clarifications.