Got punched on face. Having swelling, numbness and a burst blood vessel in eye. Is this normal?

May 2014

I was punched in the eye/face over the weekend. I had a decent amount of swelling and a burst blood vessel in my eye. When i was hit I bled out the nose a little but not a whole lot. I have numbess in the area I was hit but I feel the numbess decipating at a slow rate. Is this normal? Also I noticed today I've been spitting up blood. Not just a normal spit but deep from my throat ex: snot. Is this normal as well? I'd like to add nothing feels broken. Please help! The attached images are from the day after. Thanks.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. You seem to have got a subconjunctival hemorrhagic with associated mild facial injury. Since the impact of injury is on your eye, you must report any visual disturbances or headaches to your doctor. The numbness might be due to inflammation and swelling around the eye. The little nose bleed is from injury to the structures in the face just below the eye and towards the middle face (the maxillary and nasal areas). The red eye will take about a week or two to heal completely. The bleeding from throat might be coughed up blood that originated due to injury over nose. If it is a few streaks and just once or twice then there is nothing to worry. If its happening more frequently and there is fresh blood, you must consult an ENT surgeon. For the swelling around the eye you may take anti inflammatory medications. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek
Follow-up: Got punched on face. Having swelling, numbness and a burst blood vessel in eye. Is this normal? 21 minutes later
Thanks a bunch!
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Welcome Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, You are welcome. Hope you are feeling better. May I request you to please close this thread if you do not have any further queries. Wishing you good health. Regards, Dr.Vivek