Got punched in nose and had bleeding. Had constant headache. How to stop bleeding?

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hey, this time yesterday I got punched in my nose, it insta tally swelled and bled for 20 mins not Heavey but not hardly any blood, I have had a constant headache since, the swelling has gone down loads, but what should I do I'm worried about any XXXXXXX bleeding help me
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
An XXXXXXX bleeding or fracture is possible.

Detailed Answer:
The headache that you are having could be due to a mild bleeding in the sinuses or a fracture in the area. This can only be detected after a CT scan of the area.
If the headache is gradually increasing in the intensity with a pressure like feeling in the head or there is any bleeding from nose or eyes or vomiting with any neurological symptoms then you must consult your physician for further investigations.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Got punched in nose and had bleeding. Had constant headache. How to stop bleeding? 9 hours later
Today my nose is back tk normal just on right side a very slight raise in it, and i think that where the bleed was from, headache isnt there now or yet but a tad dizzy shoul i still make a vist to hospital ir isit getting bette
r

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
The symptoms are better now.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Your symptoms are getting better. There is no need to go to hospital now that headache has subsided. The dizziness will also improve in next few days.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.