Got pregnant with ivf. Taking aspimed and progyluton. Are these medicine safe?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I've just have a successful IVF and I'm 3 weeks pregenant. Doc put me on Aspimed 75 mg since day one cuz I'm on Progyluton. Is Asprin safe during early pregnancy?

What kind of vitamins can I take during pregnancy?
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

First let me congratulate you on becoming pregnant by IVF. Following is my reply to your queries:

1) Aspirin is safe during Pregnancy. In fact it helps in preventing abortion in some women. It also prevents developing high blood pressure during pregnancy in some women.

2) You need to take folic acid everyday. Please take balanced diet with XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Since you have been diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency, you can take Vitamin D tablets once a day.

3) You dont need any other vitamin medicines other than these.

I wish you healthy pregnancy.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Got pregnant with ivf. Taking aspimed and progyluton. Are these medicine safe? 8 minutes later
One more thing I forgot to ask about. I used to take Glocophage 850 three times daily since I was diagnosed with insulin resistance two years ago. Now that I am pregnant, my doctor has lowered the dose to 500 twice a day. Do I need to keep on checking my sugar level everyday?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later

Glad to see you back.

No need to check sugar daily. You can check once a week if it is under control.

500 mg is good enough. if your sugar levels are good, you can even consider lowering dose some more and slowly stopping the drug.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.