Got positive home pregnancy test. How to avoid this?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
my wife is pregnant in test before 45 days ,what can i do to avoide this
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Sheeba Stephen 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Firstly, I would ask you to take your wife to a qualified gynecologist in order to confirm the pregnancy and to calculate the exact duration of pregnancy. This is important because the rules for medical termination of pregnancy differ according to the duration of pregnancy.

Secondly, if you are thinking about terminating the pregnancy, then this has to be discussed with your wife and both of you have to make a joint decision calmly and patiently.

Thirdly, if you have decided to go for an abortion, you have to discuss with the gynecologist about the method of termination of pregnancy. Both medical methods (using medication like Mifipristone)) and surgical methods (D&C) are available. The choice between these methods will depend on the duration of pregnancy, the choice of the patient and the advise of the gynecologist.

So, please take her to a gynecologist in your area for further assessment and management. It is very important that these things are done in a proper and safe way in order to avoid any complications.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. XXXXXXX Sundarakumar
Follow-up: Got positive home pregnancy test. How to avoid this? 6 minutes later
if i gave her mt pill than it will done or not
Answered by Dr. Sheeba Stephen 53 minutes later
It is unsafe to take Mifipristone (MT pill) on your own, at this stage of pregnancy because there is a risk of excessive or uncontrollable bleeding. It has to be to be prescribed in the appropriate dosage by a doctor and the patient has to be under monitoring. So, please don't take unnecessary risk; see a gynecologist for further management.

Follow-up: Got positive home pregnancy test. How to avoid this? 4 hours later
i dont wand this child than what i do ?
Answered by Dr. Sheeba Stephen 15 hours later
I have already explained to you clearly that if you and your wife have made a decision for an abortion, then you should have the abortion done in a safe and legal way by a registered medical practitioner. That is why I am advising you to consult a gynecologist for this.