Got poked by an object. Should I be worried for HIV?

Feb 2013

I was going to sit at a bar stool at a bar that's the name of it and when I sat down I got poked by something I looked again and by accident I touched it with my hand I got pocked by it again for my knowledge it was no sharp ojected but it seemed like it was in the stool bar should I worry about HIV I did get my tentus shot and I did wash my hands. I did not see break in the skin What would you do in this situation thanks
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,

I understand your concern,

Don't worry about HIV as HIV virus wont survive in the atmosphere.

There are no chances of getting HIV by a object of a stool bar.

HIV will spread through contaminated blood transmission, syringes, unprotected sex.

The virus needs body fluids to survive.

Don't worry about the HIV and stop thinking of it as there is no risk of getting it.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.