Got periods after taking Meprat post IUI. How can I conceive?

Infertility Specialist
after that IUI i didn’t get period for 3months so i have taken Meprat 10mg for 9days and got the period, if i won’t get period for 4-5 months then how can i conceive, i am worried on this.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follicular scan + Progesterone Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Please get you follicular scans done from an infertility specialist. They will tell you when you have good egg size and go for IUI. After IUI you request them to give you progesterone medicines for 10 days. These medicines will support if there is pregnancy. If there is no pregnancy you will get you periods with in 5 days after stopping these medicines. This way you will increase your pregnancy chances as well as get your cycles on time without wasting months. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Got periods after taking Meprat post IUI. How can I conceive? 15 hours later
Usually i have PCOD for which my period is irregular, most of the time i take tablet to get my period, and i have done follicular study also, but many times my folic not grow properly and no rupture also, that is why Dr suggested me to go with IUI but gone in vain, Please tell me doctor, i think if i get regular period i may conceive, for that what i need to do, which tab need to have and for pregnancy what care need to take, i am already 30yrs with 65kg of weight. i am married for 5 and half year, still no good news, varied so much. Regard XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Practical thought Detailed Answer: Hi, Let me give you practical advice: 1) To regularize the cycles in PCOD you have to loose weight. But unfortunately you are 30 years old and age is not on your side. 2) Another way is to go ovarian drilling which might help. 3) Hence keep weight loss programme on and keep trying under every month follicular scan and IUI as i suggested above. 4) If you dont conceive in 3 cycles with IUI, Go for IVF as there is no time. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist