Got period after intercourse. Having mild cramps. Should I be worried for pregnancy?

Question
hello, i had sex last week and a day later was my scheduled period. The next day I got my period and it was normal. This week my period is over but I am still very scared of being pregnant. I have weird mild cramps... i dont know if it is just nerves or if i am pregnant?
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

It is nearly impossible for an intercourse on the day before your due date to result in pregnancy.

The ovum released around the midcycle would have degenerated by this time and hence lead to the periodic bleeding.

Need not worry; you can still get a home pregnancy test done to be assured.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Got period after intercourse. Having mild cramps. Should I be worried for pregnancy? 3 days later
ok, do you think I might be getting all these symptoms due to just nerves???

I am so stressed out, I cant even get out of bed.

I highly doubt I got pregnant due to what you just mentioned and because he did not fully ejaculate and he was wearing a condom. If this is the case thought, i dont know why I am getting all of these symptoms.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The thoughts are mainly due to anxiety you have.

Need not worry; I assure you that the chances or pregnancy are very negligible.

It’s better to get the home pregnancy test done which surely shows negative and get you out these thoughts completely.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Got period after intercourse. Having mild cramps. Should I be worried for pregnancy? 23 minutes later
OH MY GOD thank you DR!...

i already took like 5 pregnancy test and went to my university clinic and all have been negative. but then again it also has been only two weeks!

thank you though, it would be crazy if i got pregnant...it seems almost impossible!!!

my mind can mess with me in many ways....

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 minutes later

Two weeks is much enough to consider the result of a home pregnancy test reliable.

Test done after two weeks completely rules out pregnancy if negative.

You can relax.