Got paralytic attack, cannot move limbs. Can we give medicine to prevent more loss?

my mother has got an payalatic some 2 hour back i feel so she cant operate her right leg and hand can we give her some tablet to prevent some more lose do not happen her bp is 160/79
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 44 minutes later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

Your mother may have had a stroke. Go at once to an ER department. If this is non-hemorrhagic it can be reversed or at the very least maintained. She needs an MRI scan right away.

This is the difference between permanent damage and recovery. Please do not hang about! A few wasted hours can make all the difference.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.