Got oral sex from sex worker. Have genital blisters. Negative for herpes. Any other STD?

28 days ago, I received rough oral sex from a sex worker. I contracted genital blisters that are now gone, and so far the tests have come up as herpes negative. I have been worried about hiv or hep c. Hiv PCR came back negative after 21 days. Have not tested yet for hepatitis. I have had some serious stomach pains and stomach growling over the past week. I just masturbated for the first time in awhile, and my penis is very raw and red and a bit bruised. This is not normal for me after masturbation. Could this be a blood issue caused by my liver? WOuld easy brusing occur so soon after initial infection. Can it be herpes related or some other STD? SOunds like HIV? (maybe test was wrong).What are the possibilities?

btw, I have been under a lot of stress these past few weeks, and have not been eating as well as normal
Posted Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

Let me say I doubt strongly that you are dealing with HIV. It would be reasonable to repeat the HIV test again to help improve our confidence that you are indeed free of the virus.

It is actually relatively rare to acquire hepatitis from oral sex but for this it would again be reasonable to check for hepatitis B and C with a blood test.

Regarding your stomach pains - this is most likely related to your worry and anxiety and is not related to any infection.

Regarding the bruising and irritation - likely just a coincidence related to the vigorous nature of masturbation.

One last thing to remove any doubt that you have an unrelated issue with your blood cells it would be a good idea for you to have your doctor check a CBC i am sure the result will be normal but this will again provide an extra level of confidence for us.

Again - I am confident that you are clear of any infection including HIV. Get the tests I have recommended and this will improve your confidence and relieve your anxiety.

Thanks again for your query. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss regarding this issue.

Dr Robert
Follow-up: Got oral sex from sex worker. Have genital blisters. Negative for herpes. Any other STD? 29 minutes later
I did cbc a few days ago.
I will list values that were said either high or low

lymph absolute .9 L
hemoglobin 18.3 H
Hematocrit 53.3 H

on auto differential
neutrophil percent 77.3 H
lumphocyte automated 13.8 L

does this tell you anything?

could the redness on my penis be a reoccurence of the herpes from a long masturbation session?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 30 minutes later
Are you a smoker by chance? I see the hemoglobin is mildly elevated. This can be the case in smokers or in patients with sleep apnea.

Regarding the redness - unlikely to be herpes. Put some aloe lotion on the penis and refrain from masturbation for a few days and it should improve.

Dr Robert
Follow-up: Got oral sex from sex worker. Have genital blisters. Negative for herpes. Any other STD? 18 hours later
last question.

i went to dr today...she did exam and measured my liver. said was not inflamed as she banged on my rips and tried to measure it...dont you need to palpate to know if it is enlarged? is this an easy thing to do? she is a young dr...if i had hepatis would be easy to recognize in my stomach?

it is 30 days after exposure..she is doing pcr hep b, hep c, and antibody a..are these tests conclusive?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 hours later
Hello and thank you for the follow up question.

Your doctor did the appropriate examination of your liver. It appears that there is no concern for enlargement or active hepatitis.

The additional tests which she has requested should be absolutely conclusive. Again I am confident that you're not dealing with any type of infectious disease but I do understand additional testing which will help give you peace of mind.

Thank you again for your query.

Dr. Robert