Got operated for thyroid. have high level of thyroid with fast heart beats. Cure?

Question
hello....as i got operated twice for thyroid operation still my thyroid is too high its almost 3 months n am loosing my wait and my hear beat is too fast i need good specialist for thyroid
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 44 hours later
Hi XXXX,
Since you have been operated twice for thyroid, I assume you don't have a functioning thyroid gland. that's the reason you have been put on thyronorm replacement. But the problem is you are on a very high dose of thyronorm. Normal patients require only 100 - 200 micrograms per day. I also want to know what your weight is. The symptoms you have noted could very well be related to excess dose of thyronorm. So I suggest you get a thyroid function test ASAP. Also in cases like these I recommend meeting an endocrinologist in person. Lots of issues can then be easily resolved. In any case repeat a thyroid function test ASAP and repot it to me. We can take it forward from there.
Shivaprasad