Got operated for removal of thyroid gland. Health has become weak and get stressed. Suggest ways to be healthy?

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
Dear Dr.

I just finish operated remove my thyroid gland on 9 May 2013, and until now my health become weak then before, fast to get stress, fast to tired,,,,, I want to ask Dr. have any way for me to back to healthy? Do have some food that I should avoid?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 1 hour later
To answer with details please give necessary information as follows:

As you got operated for Thyroid gland please also give detail of operation done(partial or total Thyroidectomy) and also what was the primary diagnosis for which you underwent Thyroid surgery twice.
As you had earlier underwent thyroid surgery and for the same you were prescribed Euthyroxin (T4 replacement therapy) but also you had recent surgery (details not given) this might be causing hyothyroidism and that can cause easy fatigue etc.
As any surgery on Thyroid will cause some deficiency of Thyroid hormone that is normally produced by Thyroid gland and Medication (called replacement therapy) is prescribed. Ideally the dose of the same should be optimal.
If there is any mismatch between the demand by your body and the dose that you are taking it will lead to under correction of the underlying problem and hence the symptoms will occur (that you are suffering from)

As regards food there is no need to avoid any special food for that reason.

Hope you got the reply that you wanted.

With best wishes from Dr Chowhan
Follow-up: Got operated for removal of thyroid gland. Health has become weak and get stressed. Suggest ways to be healthy? 33 minutes later
Dear Doctor

The recently surgeries is total Thyroidectomy, after surgeries on 2005, the nodule on my thyroid become big and bigger, and I just have time to consulted with dr. in year 2012, and they found the nodule big that can't be threat by medication, and doctor suggest me to to do total Thyroidectomy surgeries. Before and now I have always have problem with my cycle period, how can I do?

Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 18 hours later
I am trying to figure out what was the reason of thyroid surgery as unless the nodule is malignant (thyroid cancer) the Doctor does not perform Total Thyroidectomy that's why please send scanned copy of discharge certificate that will show the primary diagnosis for which the surgery was done.

Moreover if you are unable to tell me the reason for which Total Thyroidectomy was done I still would say that please wait till the recent change (if any) of dose of Euthyroxine will take place
If the dose of Thyroxin is adequate you will have no symptoms what so ever so please consult your treating doctor who can help you titrate the dose of Thyroxine

There is no food supplement or any other medicine that can help you.

Thanks from Dr Chowhan