Got operated for chocolate cyst. Unable to conceive. All medical test normal. What is the problem?

Infertility Specialist
Hi, the basic problem is infertility
i got semen analysis test and it is normal
/Count is 40 mil and 70% motility
My wife got operated for Chocolate cyst in the month of March 2012 and went on medication for 2 injections and doctor said she cant conceive during the injection time.
After that she conceived in the month of Sept 2012 and miscarriage occurred during 7th week
After that went on to wait for 3 months upto XXXXXXX 2013 and then she unable to conceive upto today
Doctor is saying all reoprts are normal it can happen naturally
Is there any problem in conceiving her age is 31
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 30 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Already one year has passed since you underwent surgery for laparoscopic removal of chocolate cyst. I am afraid it is going to recur as chocolate cysts are known to recur.

2) Unfortunately you underwent a miscarriage. But it is right time to start trying for another pregnancy.

3) Since you have been trying since january and been not successful in getting pregnancy as well as keeping age 31 years in mind, I suggest you go for IUI ( Intra uterine Insemination) procedure where your sperms are cleaned and put into womb of your wife.

4) Your sperms are good and no need to worry about it.

5) Since fertility of woman decreases after 30 years of age and there is chance of endometriosis to recur, I am advicing for IUI sooner.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Got operated for chocolate cyst. Unable to conceive. All medical test normal. What is the problem? 12 hours later
monthly follicular study is going on
Ovulation and other factors like harmonal balance everything is normal.
Then where is the actual problem in normal conceiving i want to know the reason desperately.
doctor is saying all values are normal.
Doctor said no such recurrence found so far with regard to endometriosis and no such painful periods also found.Periods are normal.
Then where the mistake is going on, is there any unexplained infertility such thins exists.
In general people say when once conceived and got miscarriage and there wont be any problem in conceiving again. is it true

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 hours later

I understand your anxiety associated with the reason behind this. Following is my reply:

1) You are right. This is called unexplained infertility.

2) Generally after conceiving once there will be no major problems in conceiving again. Its true. But it does not hold good in all people. Some people just fail to conceive again without any reasons.

3) If your wife is overweight according to body mass index, i would recommend weight reduction.

4) After surgery like chocolate cyst or any other surgery, the anatomy of uterus and ovary will be disturbed to some extent and hence many times normal pickup of egg by the fallopian tubes gets little less efficient. But then that cannot be corrected.

5) Hence keeping all these factors in mind I recommend IUI along with follicular study.

I hope your doubts are clarified. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Got operated for chocolate cyst. Unable to conceive. All medical test normal. What is the problem? 16 hours later
First of all thank u very much for your valuable and kind suggestion much convinced with your answer
=> She is having BMI 22.5
Weight 47 Kgs
Height 4'9"
A) In case is IUI
1) Any pre preparation required in terms of health, diet or any other
2) What is the success rate in our case
B) In case of pregnancy occurs through IUI
1) Chances of continuing pregnancy upto 9 months
2) Does the chances of survival of pregnancy lies in the hands of the Doctor
3) I mean more experienced specialist Doctor can prevent the miscarriage, is it possible
4) Does the fertility boosting diet can effect on pregnancy success
5) However already taking nutritious food like Walnuts, Almonds, Dates, milk, Leafy vegetables etc daily

One more thing once tested for pregnancy on 1st Apr got +ve through HPT(twice) and then got -ve results later and got period on 3rd Apr.

I have uploaded my reports online in this site
I understand the value of time, Sorry for taking more valuable time
Last but not least
Is there any better IUI center in Hyderabad
Thanking you very much
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 38 minutes later

I understand your anxiety and doubts. I will reply in detail to your queries:

1) Her BMI is normal and hence she does not need weight loss. No preparation is needed in terms of health, diet etc...

2) Success rate in any IUI cycle is between 10 to 20 % and same applies to you too.

1) Chances of continuing pregnancy is same as natural pregnancy as IUI pregnancy. No difference in prgnancies due to IUI.

2) Survival of pregnancy does not depend on the doctor.

3) Miscarriage can be prevented by an expert in fetal medicine. Dr. Fernades hospital in Hyderabad is specialized in such pregnancies.

4) No relation between diet and fertility.

5) Have good healthy diet. Anyway it does not matter much.

When you get urine test positive please see a doctor immediately for scan which is more confirmatory.

Hyderabad has many IVF centres who also perform IUI. Hence get it done in good IVF ( test tube baby) centre.

I hope you are cleared of doubts now.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Got operated for chocolate cyst. Unable to conceive. All medical test normal. What is the problem? 2 days later
thank u very much

Does the previous drugs do have any effect on the future course.
so far doctor has prescribed only folibrain, duphaston, ovashield only
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 19 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Nice to see you back. These drugs do not stay in the body for long time. Hence no need to worry for future. These drugs are not harmful. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol