Got off HRT. Experiencing joint aches, forgetfulness. Is this normal?

I am a fit 70 year old - normal weight - 63kg and have gone off HRT - Kliogest in the last month after taking it since I was 55. I felt great while on it, but my GP kept warning me about the risks of breast cancer. However I don't really believe of lot of the scary warnings of the past. What I am feeling now that I have stopped taking HRT is forgetfullness, more aches in my joints and a bit 'ordinary. Are these usual symptoms when going off HRT?
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 47 minutes later

Studies reveal very controversial reports about whether HRT is beneficial or harmful in the treatment of menopause. So if you have stop taking it now, you need not be worried.

Now, the current symptoms may not directly be related to fosamax are known to cause joint pains, the pain may be due to this side effect. Forgetfullness may be age related also.

You can go for some natural treatment of HRT not for synthetic one.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr. Richa