Got lump inside abdomen. Feeling dizzy, light headed and numbness in feet. What is the problem?

i got lump inside my abdomen. look like is next to my stomach. i get pain there often. on a top of that i feell dizzy, lightheaded all the time. sometimes i feel like i cant keep my balance. i even pass out twice. i feel numbness in my feet and hands. i notice my pupils sometimes getting really big. i dont know what to do. i been like this for couple weeks. seen 3 doctors and they all saying diffrent things. one say than i depressed and lump got nothing to do with this. second saying than is a cyst and i got to do scan and see suregon. i dont know what else to do becouse everything take time and i still dont feel well and i working full time.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 6 hours later

There is only one type of abdominal lump which has a relation with the symptoms you have like feeling dizziness, feeling impending doom, fluctuation of blood pressure and the tumor is known as carcinoid tumor. To diagnose this tumor you need to have blood tests to look for serum protein level, urinary serotonin level and need to have an upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy and biopsy if needed.

Other abdominal lumps have no relation with your symptoms and in that cases symptoms may be a mere co-association and symptoms may be attributed to your psychiatric illness.

You mentioned that you had a scan but you didn't mention its result. If it is normal then i will suggest you to go for an upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy and contrast enhanced abdominal computed tomography (CECT) scan.

If the results of all the above prescribed tests are normal then you must consult a psychiatrist. You may have a trial of anti-psychotic for a month or so to look for improvement.

Hope I have answered your queries. If you have further queries you may write back to me freely. I am always here to guide you.

Kindly write a review on my answer.

Dr Arnab Maji