Got knee injury. Found swelling and fluid moving around lower leg. Suggest some cure

Neurologist, Surgical
2 weeks ago I banged my XXXXXXX on a hard object (terracotta flower pot) and since then have a bubble about an inch in diameter of fluid next to the wound. It does not hurt to walk but I am aware of the fluid moving around my lower leg. My ankle is slightly swollen all the time and more so at night. I woulld like to know if there is something I can do to get rid of the fluid?

Posted Sun, 30 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 5 hours later
Dear Friend,

Fluid is actually liquefied haematoma, nothing needs to be done for that though it can be aspirated with a needle but that caries risk of infection. So let it resolve with time.

Hope this answers your query. Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.