Got itchy rash under arms and legs after travelling. Cause and cure?

i have just come back from mexico and i have red rash on my ball sack under my arms on the legs that
sometimes gets quite itchy can you tell me what it is ? thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later
Thanks for posting this question in XXXXXXX

Let me explain you that a given medical symptom can be due to various causes and this applies to your problem too.

I understand that you have a history of travel and you have a rash. The causes of rash with itching could be infective or related to allergy due to some insect bites or other substances. I don’t know if you have a past history of any allergy.

The best way to resolve this issue is to be examined by a local physician whose clinical interview and examination, particularly that of distribution of the rash and the appearance will give the diagnosis.

You may also benefit with anti- allergic medicines like anti-histamines.

Hope this clarifies. Let me know if you have more queries.