Got into relationship and had unprotected sex. Chances of having STD?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi i was married in 2009 and got divorced. Subsequently i got in a relationship with my co-worker in 2011( March). We have sex occasionally and sometimes had unprotected sex .What are chances of having sexually transmitted disease.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 32 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in to us.

In your situation it is important to know if you ever had sex with a partner who is infected by a sexually transmitted disease.

Did your ex wife ever suffer from sexually transmitted infections?
Does your co worker have any sexually transmitted disease?
Did you have sex (protected or unprotected) with any other partner?

If the answer to any of the above questions is yes then there might be a possibility of you being infected with a sexually transmitted disease. You must seek consultation from a doctor and get yourself tested to confirm the absence of disease.

There are diseases like herpes, genital warts and syphilis which can be transmitted even by close skin to skin touch.

Hope your queries are answered.
Should there be any further queries, please feel free to write back.

Wishing you good health

Dr A Rao Kavoor

Follow-up: Got into relationship and had unprotected sex. Chances of having STD? 1 hour later
In case none of them had any sexual disease then should there be any chances of any disease. Where in Navi Mumbai can these test be done

Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back to us.

If none of them had a past history of sexually transmitted disease then the chances of you having any disease is almost negligible. For peace of mind you can get yourself tested though.

You could use link below to locate nearest dermatologist doctor in Navi Mumbai area. They will guide you further.

WWW.WWWW.WW

Hope your queries are answered.

Wishing you good health

Dr A Rao Kavoor

Follow-up: Got into relationship and had unprotected sex. Chances of having STD? 32 hours later
Hi, i and my co-worker took HIV I and II test and result was Non-reactive for both. We both are committed to each other in relationship since 2011 (March) and have no other physical contacts.

Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back,

Then there is nothing to worry about. Its great that both your test results are negative. The chances are minimal for the infection to be present since it is non reactive. You may also get a VDRL done in addition to rule out syphilis.

Hope you have a great and healthy life ahead

I hope this answers your question,
In case of any queries do write back,
Dr. A. Rao. Kavoor.